March 24, 2012

Where Does Generosity Come From


It doesn’t matter how much you have in your wallet.  Generosity is more than financial freedom; it’s a mind-set, a spirit that we need to foster.  It has more to do with your heart than it does your bank account.  For the longest time I had dreams of becoming rich and then sharing that wealth with others.  But if I can’t share now (without the millions of dollars), who can say I will share than (when I do have the millions of dollars)?  

Generosity is freedom from the fear that money and scarcity bring.  Are you free or fearful?


You and I both have something we can share right now with those around us; those at our work, our school, our neighborhoods, and our own homes.  Even if we are in need, we still have something we can share. 

Maybe what you have to share is just a few bucks.  Maybe what you have to share isn’t the color green at all, but instead is the one thing that is most needed.  Let’s find what we have to share, what our gifts are, where our time is and let’s give it away to a ridiculous degree.

That’s just my thought for the day.

A great way to put this in practice is by checking out our post from yesterday where you can give $10 and help an orphan meet his forever family.

Am I wrong?  What are your thoughts about generosity?

much love,
the petersons

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude thanks man! I really am glad that you enjoyed it. Peace brother. -Matt

      Delete